Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012, It's Your Time to Shine

Welcome 2012!!  There is an energy, a buzz in the air that 2012 is going to be the best year yet.  After what 2011 dished out, many people are ready to take this year by storm, myself and my family included. 


Several interesting things happened today.  As today turned into this evening, ideas that had been floating in my head for a month or 2 suddenly decided that it was time to appear... while I was taking a shower.  I know, it may sound odd, but it's not the first time.  See, I'm from the South Pacific, and I also did a lot of my growing up on the Mediterranean in the South of France.  Water and I, we have a connection.  I'm the most relaxed when I'm in water, the most inspired, the most "blissed" out.  I found out last fall that water is my main element (surprise). 

It was incredibly energizing to have puzzle pieces that were so blurry and ragged finally clarify and begin to fit together.  I had seen many guidance points along the way, from a random article popping up on my news feed, to my intuition pulling me, literally showing me the different types of expressive outlets that I had never really thought of exploring, but yet have always found fascinating.  If it had a voice, it would be saying "Yo, for the love of Pete, this is what inspires you, this is what makes you stop in your tracks and stare, or listen so intently to a piece of music that you start writing on anything that you can..."  Apparently the voice has a slight Jersey accent. :)  Anyways, the light bulb moment was really made up of many different moment from the past few months, coming together at the time when I was ready to receive them.



With the clarified puzzle pieces comes the winds of change.  No really, we are under a wind advisory right now in our area.  We're being exposed to wind gusts of 30 and 40 mph.  I find it very fitting that on the first day of 2012, the winds are in full force, as if to push 2011 away and give us a new slate.


As you begin 2012, what are some things that need to be blown away, that don't serve you anymore?  As you go through your day to day, have you ever felt your intuition, your Inner Being, or whatever term gives you comfort, pull you in a certain direction?  Has it ever made you do a double take, or even stop you in your tracks?  Have you ever ignored it because you have too much on your mind, you're running late, you don't think it's "you", etc?


I truly believe that 2012 is going to be a time to shine, and the rest of our years as well!  It's not something that I'm taking lightly.  I took life pretty lightly for many many years, thinking that all I was going to end up being was a mom, a hobby singer, and somebody that didn't live up to her potential because she wasn't worth it.  After doing, and still continuing to do some serious work on myself, I found my confidence and my voice again.  I realized that I wasn't shining because I wasn't listening.


For years guidance points were screaming at me, but I was too busy with this that and the other.  Most notably, I was too damn busy worrying that bad things were going to happen to me.  So guess what, bad stuff happened.  The moment I consciously began to up my awareness, I began to see everything that was around me, including the little tips and pointers that assisted me to make some big decisions in 2011.  I took leaps of faith that 3 years ago, I would have said "I you freakin' nuts?!" 


As our new year begins, I invite you to stop.  Stop worrying, stop complaining, stop reading all the negative news that the media feeds us (which makes us worry), just stop.  Breathe.  Start listening.  What is your intuition trying to tell you.  What is your hearts desire trying to tell you.  Listen.  The answers are within all of us, but we are surrounded by so much noise, we can't hear it.  It took me a while to get used to stopping.  I forget all the time!  But when I remember, everything around me becomes still, and that's when I start to shine.


May your 2012 shine brightly!


Yours in harmony,
~A

No comments: