Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Welcome, June!

It has been a while since I've posted.  A lot happened in the month of April and May, to the point where I really didn't feel like posting b/c everything seemed to happen all at once.  I was overwhelmed, and pissed off.  I figured that my posts would be totally energy sucking and bummer'rific, which is no fun.

As I reflect back on those 2 months, I see the lessons in the challenges, and am grateful for them... but there's another side of me that naturally says "gee, that was a super pain in the butt."  One of the "challenges" still isn't resolved.

In this lack of resolution comes a lesson of patience and trust.  Trust that "everything will work out".  Trust that the people in charge will do their job to help resolve the situation.  Patience that it's not in my hands, that it will indeed take 6-8 weeks, and that I must let it go.

I'm seeing how quickly I frustrate when folks tip toe around me, can't come up with a solution besides "because I said so", or "I don't know how".  I get frustrated when people don't communicate the way I want them to.  I get frustrated when somebody can't give me answers and don't even try to find other solutions, or don't attempt to problem solve, leaving me to do all the work... and then I began to see that these characteristics are things that I used to do, sometimes still do, and strive to no longer do.  Humm... interesting.  So, what are these lessons for then?

I'm seeing them not only as lessons about things that I can work on, but reflections of the past.  'Remember the similar situation 5 years ago, well here's another round.  Can you take the lessons from back then and apply them? No... well, then it's a good thing that this came up.  Practice, practice, practice.'

Many of us know that adversity brings lessons, lessons bring growth, helping us evolve into the person that we strive to be.  Many of us forget from adversity to adversity, thus the reintroduction of challenges, similar but different, always making us think, reflect, move forward, and sometimes backwards.

As June says hello tomorrow, I welcome it with an open heart and gratitude.  Gratitude that though I was very frustrated with the situations, I am grateful to see and acknowledge that my frustration was truly with me.  How did I handle things?  How can I handle it differently next time?  What great lessons and growth did I learn?  How did my attitude affect my family and friends?  The list of questions go on, but being aware of them is such an important step to giving yourself permission of growth.

Here's to you, your lessons, your growth.

No comments: